POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : The Art of POV-Ray : Re: The Art of POV-Ray Server Time
11 Aug 2024 09:23:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Art of POV-Ray
From: Remco de Korte
Date: 15 Aug 1999 18:37:51
Message: <37B7414E.FE76C7E1@xs4all.nl>
Actually I was thinking along similar lines the other day. I wouldn't exactly
have called it camps, but I also noted that you could "group" pictures in some
ways. I was mainly thinking about the images posted in these newsgroups because
I've seen wildly different things in other places, not only in the IRTC.
In stead of camps I was more thinking about goals one has: experiments, realism,
learning, entertainment/storytelling, technics.
I know most people have more then one interest in POV and the subjects seem to
come in waves, probably because of people reacting on each other. It's a pity
some of the contributions are a bit ignored, simply because they seem to fall
too far outside the mainstream of interest. The occasional "cool!" and that's
it. Most of the times those are the pictures that seem to be most interesting (I
still have a very weird picture, Coton, by Fabien Mosen if I'm not mistaken).
As in most artforms it's about technicality and creativity and the combination
and balance of those.
POV, because of it's flexibility and low-level adaptability is a great tool for
that.

Regards,

Remco
http://www.xs4all.nl/~remcodek/